Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Person

"No, we shall not be saved by a formula, but by a Person, and the assurance which he gives us: I am with you!" - Pope John Paul II

Thank-you, Jesus.

That idea is so messy, and so very freeing. It's not up to me. It's not up to a program. It's not about trying to repeat the success of something that came before. I can let go, and let Jesus, the person, do what he does best: Be a friend.

I talk about being a friend in regards to what we as YWAM do here in Modesto, but I seldom think of the fact that this is also what Jesus himself does with me. He's doing for me what I'm attempting to exemplify for the other people in my life. He likes to be with me. He talks to me and listens. He's drawing me to himself, and I'll end up being more like him as I let his friendship change me.

He's with us, he's patient, and he'll finish what he started.

Amen.

No comments: